Amazing bar cookies with oatmeal, chocolate chips and caramel ice cream topping all layered to create THE BEST Bar cookie around.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounces) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and baking soda. Mix in melted butter until evenly distributed.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand.
- In a small bowl, mix the caramel topping with the remaining flour; drizzle evenly over the chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle the remaining crust mixture evenly over the caramel layer and press down lightly.
- Bake for 15 more minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cooling completely before cutting into squares.