- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 (15 ounces) container whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Mix cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed in a separate bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat until well combined.
- Beat in ricotta cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon extract, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and mix until batter is smooth. Pour batter into the prepared tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting on a wire rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.