- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- Blend sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks together.
- Gradually add lemon juice, stirring until mixture thickens and is well blended.
- Pour filling into crust.
- In another bowl, beat room temperature egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, and continue beating until egg whites are stiff.
- Carefully spread meringue over filling, sealing the edges.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) until meringue browns, about 6 minutes.
- Refrigerate uneaten portions.
From: All recipes.