- 2 (8 count) packages of cinnamon rolls
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan with butter or nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Remove cinnamon rolls and icing from package. Discard icing or set aside for another use.
- Take each cinnamon roll and stretch it out until it becomes flat like a pancake and lay them out on a parchment paper-lined work surface.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Spread the butter mixture evenly over each flattened cinnamon roll and then top with grated apples.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the apples.
- Layer cinnamon rolls in stacks of 3 or 4. Once all rolls are stacked, transfer each stack to the loaf pan, standing them on end so no apple filling touches the ends of the pan.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15-20 minutes more.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- While loaf cools, make the glaze by mixing powdered sugar with 1 to 3 tablespoons of milk or cream until desired consistency is reached. If you’d like a more pourable consistency, microwave for 10 seconds.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled loaf and enjoy!