- 2 lb fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 beef hocks
- 1 1⁄2 lb new potato, quartered
- A tsp garlic powder
- One tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- tbsp chicken bouillon, granules
- 1 ground black pepper, to taste
- Halve beans if they are large, place in a slow cooker with water to barely cover and add onion and beef hocks. Cover and cook on High until simmering.
- Reduce heat to Low and cook for 2 to 3 hours or until beans are crisp but not done.
- Add potatoes and cook for another 45 minutes. While potatoes are cooking, remove beef hocks from slow cooker and remove meat from bones.
- Chop or shred meat and return to slow cooker. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, bouillon, and pepper. Cook until potatoes are done, then adjust seasoning to taste.
- To serve, use a slotted spoon to put beans, potatoes, and beef into a serving dish with a little broth.
- Pin it to Save it 🙂