- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet, season the ground beef with taco seasoning and brown until cooked through.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together rice, cottage cheese, and sour cream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and spread mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Top with meat sauce and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake until cheese has melted and sauce is bubbly, 20-25 minutes.